The most environmental friendly option.
- Go to Stockholm
- From Stockholm you take the night train to Gällivare
- From Gällivare there is a connecting bus to Kebnats
- From Kebnats snow mobile transport to Saltoluokta Mountain Station
Note: Train tickets are usually not released until approx. 3 months prior to departure. Before that it may look as if everything is sold out/fully booked and the connecting local buses may not even be in the search results yet.
You can fly from to the following airports:
- Luleå 300 km southeast of Saltoluokta
- Gällivare 130 km north of Saltoluokta
- Arvidsjaur 290 km south of Saltoluokta
- Kiruna 240 km north of Saltoluokta
You can book taxi from and to your airport. Book well in advance.
How you travel home from Jokkmokk
You can fly to the following airports:
- Luleå 180 km southeast of Jokkmokk
- Gällivare 100 km north of Jokkmokk
- Arvidsjaur 160 km south of Jokkmokk
- Kiruna 220 km north of Jokkmokk
Länstrafiken Norrbotten, the public bus providers, offers an airport shuttle between Luleå Airport and Jokkmokk. For info and booking: Airport shuttle
Note! This airport transfer must be booked direct to Länstrafiken Norrbotten latest at Swedish time 17:00 the day before your travel.
Other options are that you book private taxi to Jokkmokk from the airport. Book well in advance.
You can go with bus. Local bus timetables: Länstrafiken Norrbotten